Founded in Los Angeles in 1984 by Anita and William Dorich, the company was formed to offer an alternative to hundreds of rejection letters, and the pitfalls of conventional publishing in which the author surrenders all creative and editing rights. Unlike the usual 10% royalty offered by major publishers, our authors receive more than 50% of the net proceeds from the sale of their book.
William Dorich brings to GM Books 25 years of printing experience and a background in commercial photography. As the author of 9 books, 6 on Balkan history, his own venture into Collaborative-publishing became the impetus for forming the company.
Anita Dorich, Research and Project Director for GM Books, received a BSW from San Francisco State University and has had postgraduate training at U.C. Berkeley and U.S.C., with a background in professional counseling in the motion picture industry. She joined GM Books in 1991. Her expertise is in assisting and guiding the creative personality. She has overseen editing and production on more than 50 titles.
Our Services Include:
- Book and Cover Design
- Text Editing and Specialized Story Content Editing
- Small or Large Press Runs
- Printing and book binding
- Assistance in Finding a Reputable Literary Agent, Motion Picture and Television Script Agent and Publicist
- Arranging for an ISBN and Library of Congress Numbers and Retail Bar Codes
- Website Design for Promotion of Titles